PleurX Patient Starter Drainage System
The PleurX catheter system is a comprehensive portfolio that provides all the items necessary to successfully place the PleurX catheter, support and train your patients, and help ensure safe and effective advanced drainage systems by patients or their caregivers.
CareFusion Pleurx Patient Starter Drainage Kit 1000mL, 500mL, Includes Patient Education DVD, Emergency Information Card
Why choose the PleurX catheter for your patients?
• More than 15 years of clinical use
• Outcomes published in more than 30 clinical journal articles*
• Multi-specialty utilization (oncology, thoracic surgery, pulmonology/
interventional pulmonology, interventional radiology)
• Spontaneous pleurodesis in up to 70% of certain patient subgroups
• Rapid symptom relief
• Low infection rates (less than 3%)1,3,4
• Helps eliminate the need for hospital visits for repeat paracentesis
Easy to use and well accepted
• Patients can control their own drainage at home
• Catheter placement usually performed as an outpatient procedure
• Active vacuum technology is safe, comfortable and quick
• May be reimbursed by Medicare and many private insurance companies**
• Can be utilized by home health and hospice
• Extensive patient education materials available
Clinicians and their patients can have confidence in a solution that has been
used for years by many of the top cancer institutions in the countr
How often do you drain a PleurX catheter?
How often should I drain the fluid from my chest or abdomen?
You should drain fluid as directed by your doctor, usually every one to two days. Consult your doctor before changing the frequency of your drainage.advanced drainage systems
1000 ml, 500 ml